NOTE: Due to COVID-19 and the need for limiting the number of people in the Library at one time, we are suspending our test proctoring services. Please check back here for further updates or contact the library at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-965-4220 if you have any questions.
Morton Grove Public Library offers the service of proctoring tests and examinations for long distance or online learning programs, professional development, and continuing education. Morton Grove residents with a valid Morton Grove Public Library card can request a proctoring appointment.
To get started, complete the Proctoring Request form below.
- Appointments must be scheduled at least one week prior to the date of the exam.
- Appointments are subject to staff availability.
- Testing will occur during regular Library hours for up to three consecutive hours ending no later than half hour before closing.
- Proctoring is typically not available on weekends.
Test Taker Responsibilities
- to contact their respective agency or institution and verify that they accept Morton Grove Public Library’s proctoring guidelines;
- to arrange for the exam materials be sent to the proctor at the library;
- to contact the Library to confirm that test materials have been received at the Library.
- The Library can provide a public computer workstation with Internet access and Microsoft Office software for online exams.
- This must be specified when making an appointment with a proctor.
- These workstations do not allow installation of any additional software.
- The Library will not be responsible for tests that are interrupted by Library emergencies, power failures, Internet disconnections, or computer hardware or software failures.
- Qualified staff will be assigned as proctors per the proctoring coordinator.
- The Library reserves the right to deny this service, if it is determined that the proctoring request is unreasonable or places an undue burden on the Library’s facilities or staff.
- Test taker must bring a photo ID as proof of identity.
- Any supplies needed for the exam (calculator, pencils, etc.), or charges resulting from the exam are the responsibility of the test taker.
- Proctors may not remain with the test taker but will intermittently monitor them during the exam.
- The Library cannot guarantee quiet conditions or that a private study room will be provided during the proctoring session.
- No assistance in explanation of the exam can be provided by Library staff members, nor is it the responsibility of staff to understand the mechanics of the test.
- Should a student require the services of a translator, such assistance is the responsibility of the student, and must be cleared beforehand with the school administering the exam.
- The proctor will return the test by fax, scanned email, or mail. The Library does not return tests by FedEx or other expedited mailing services.
- The test taker must provide a stamped envelope if needed. The Library is not responsible for insufficient postage or tests being lost in the mail.
- In the event of a cancellation due to extenuating circumstances (such as an illness), the proctor will make every effort to reschedule the exam.
Please have all exam materials and proctoring forms sent to:
Morton Grove Public Library
c/o Proctoring Coordinator
6140 Lincoln Ave.
Morton Grove, IL 60053