Morton Grove Public Library offers the service of proctoring tests and examinations for long distance or online learning programs, professional development, and continuing education. Morton Grove residents with a valid Morton Grove Public Library card can request a proctoring appointment.
To get started, complete the Proctoring Request form below.
- Appointments must be scheduled at least one week prior to the date of the exam.
- Appointments are subject to staff availability.
- Testing will occur during regular Library hours for up to three consecutive hours ending no later than half hour before closing.
- Proctoring is typically not available on weekends.
Test Taker Responsibilities
- to contact their respective agency or institution and verify that they accept Morton Grove Public Library’s proctoring guidelines;
- to arrange for the exam materials be sent to the proctor at the library;
- to contact the Library to confirm that test materials have been received at the Library.
- The Library can provide a public computer workstation with Internet access and Microsoft Office software for online exams.
- This must be specified when making an appointment with a proctor.
- These workstations do not allow installation of any additional software.
- The Library will not be responsible for tests that are interrupted by Library emergencies, power failures, Internet disconnections, or computer hardware or software failures.
- Qualified staff will be assigned as proctors per the proctoring coordinator.
- The Library reserves the right to deny this service, if it is determined that the proctoring request is unreasonable or places an undue burden on the Library’s facilities or staff.
- Test taker must bring a photo ID as proof of identity.
- Any supplies needed for the exam (calculator, pencils, etc.), or charges resulting from the exam are the responsibility of the test taker.
- Proctors may not remain with the test taker but will intermittently monitor them during the exam.
- The Library cannot guarantee quiet conditions or that a private study room will be provided during the proctoring session.
- No assistance in explanation of the exam can be provided by Library staff members, nor is it the responsibility of staff to understand the mechanics of the test.
- Should a student require the services of a translator, such assistance is the responsibility of the student, and must be cleared beforehand with the school administering the exam.
- The proctor will return the test by fax, scanned email, or mail. The Library does not return tests by FedEx or other expedited mailing services.
- The test taker must provide a stamped envelope if needed. The Library is not responsible for insufficient postage or tests being lost in the mail.
- In the event of a cancellation due to extenuating circumstances (such as an illness), the proctor will make every effort to reschedule the exam.
Please have all exam materials and proctoring forms sent to:
Morton Grove Public Library
c/o Proctoring Coordinator
6140 Lincoln Ave.
Morton Grove, IL 60053