We have a variety of technologies you can borrow or use at the Library.
Our Computer Room is on the first floor next to the west Info Desk. It is by appointment only. To make an appointment, call 847-965-4220, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or chat us online.
- Per Cook County mandate and Library policy, masks must be worn at all times while in the Library
- One 1-hour appointment per day
- Appointment required to enter the Computer Room
- One person will be allowed in the building per appointment
- Available for ages 13 and over
- To maintain six-foot social distancing guidelines, staff will not be able to provide "over-the-shoulder" assistance.
- Reservations can be made up to seven days in advance
- No time extensions
- No food or drinks allowed
- Headphones will not be available
Computer Room Hours
- Monday-Thursday: 9:30am - 8:30pm
- Friday: 9:30am - 5:45pm
- Saturday: 9:30am - 4:45pm
- Sunday: 1:15pm - 4:15pm
The last appointment is 1 hour before closing.
For one-on-one help with computers and technology questions, Morton Grove cardholders can request a Book A Librarian. You can also use our free Online Training databases to help increase your computer and technology skills.
Our Youth Services department has two Early Literacy Stations and several tablets with pre-selected apps and limited internet access. We also have four Internet Computers with filtered internet access for children ages 8 to 12.
Library of Things
The Library of Things is a collection of fun and useful gadgets, tools, games, and equipment you can check out with your library card. Browse the full collection.
Patrons aged 13 and older with registered public library cards can check out laptops and headphones from the Computer Room for in-library use only.
A Wi-Fi Hotspot is a device that allows you to connect your mobile device (laptop, smartphone, tablet, etc.) to the Internet wherever you go. Available for 2-week checkout by Morton Grove cardholders.
Learn more about our Wi-Fi Hotspots.
A Roku is a device that allows you to stream television, movies, and music from the Internet to your HDTV. Rokus from the Library include free access to paid streaming services like Netflix and Vudu, along with Kanopy and Hoopla. Available for 2-week checkout by Morton Grove cardholders.
Stop by the Check Out Desk to purchase:
- 8 GB flash drive: $4
- DVD-R: $1
- CD-R: 50¢
- Earbuds: $1.50
- AAA battery: 50¢