We're excited to welcome you back into the building! Here's what to expect when you arrive. (And don't forget we're still offering curbside pickup.)
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at (847) 965-4220 or email@example.com.
What to Expect
NOTE: Due to renovation construction, there may be disruptive noises, strange smells, and limited parking available. Please plan accordingly.
- Face coverings are required for anyone over the age of two
- Time in the building is limited to one hour per person, per day
- Computers available by appointment only (learn more below)
- Browsing in the Youth Services KidSpace available by appointment only (learn more below)
- Children under the age of 13 must remain with an adult
- Food and drink not allowed
- Seating will be limited
- Study rooms and meeting rooms remain closed to the public
While the lower level is closed for renovation, we have set up a temporary Youth Services Info Desk and small browsing collection of popular kids materials in the former Teen Space.
- Available by appointment only due to limited space
- One 30-minute appointment per family per day
- How to reserve an appointment:
- Available by appointment only
- One 1-hour appointment per person, per day
- Contact the Info Desk at 847-965-4220 to reserve a computer
Here’s what we’re doing to keep you safe and how you can help too:
- All staff and patrons ages 2 and older must wear a mask that covers the mouth and nose while in the Library, per state guidelines and Library policy.
- We have disposable masks available for you if you don’t have one.
- If you are unable to wear a mask for health reasons, we encourage you to use the Library’s curbside services.
- All staff and patrons must follow social distancing guidelines and stay 6 feet apart from others while in the Library.
- Staff are required to stay home if they are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or not feeling well.
- Do your part: If you don’t feel well, stay home and seek medical treatment as needed.
- We encourage all staff and patrons to wash your hands regularly and thoroughly while in the Library.
- We have increased our cleaning schedule for restrooms and highly touched surfaces.
- We have installed plexiglass barriers at our service desks.