2020 has been quite the year. Though our Thanksgiving feasts may look a little different, that doesn’t mean the cooking or baking has to be boring! Maybe this is the year to try those new recipes you put aside or learn how to cook a turkey using a different cooking method.
Whatever you want to try, here are some cookbooks and other recipe resources you can get with your library card.
Find in the Library
Among the hundreds of cookbooks in print we have on our shelves, here are a few you can try (available through curbside pickup):
- The Pioneer Woman Cooks: A Year of Holidays by Ree Drummond
- The Perfect Pie: Your Ultimate Guide to Classic and Modern Pies, Tarts, Galettes, and More by America's Test Kitchen
- Thanksgiving: How to Cook It Well by Sam Sifton
Download to your device
Maybe you want to check out an ebook for those last-minute recipes. With your library card you have access to thousands of ebooks, audiobooks, movies, TV shows, music, and magazines. (Visit our Download & Stream page to see how.) Some digital cookbooks you might enjoy:
- Cook It in Cast Iron: Kitchen-Tested Recipes for the One Pan That Does It All by America's Test Kitchen
- Beautiful Boards: 50 Amazing Snack Boards for Any Occasion by Maegan Brown
- Elegant Pie: Transform Your Favorite Pies Into Works of Art by Karin Pfeiff-Boschek
Browse magazines online
Saw a recipe in a magazine? PressReader is a great resource to browse! Visit our Databases page, tap the PressReader link, log in with your library card, and enjoy the thousands of magazines available to you. A few recent Thanksgiving-themed issues you can explore:
What I'm thankful for
As I reflect over this past year, I think about the many cheerful moments interacting with our library patrons. Whether these interactions were over the phone or for a brief moment in the library, knowing that we are in this together has been uplifting. We wish you a happy and safe Thanksgiving.
If you have any questions or need help placing holds, contact the Info Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-965-4220.
Alissa Burke is an Adult Services Librarian at the Morton Grove Public Library.